Curated by Lisa Pressman and Kathy Cantwell
Blue is a primary color which lies between violet and green on the spectrum of light. “The Blues” can describe a state of mind. Feeling blue can refer to being melancholic and depressed. Conversely, blue is known to calm the mind and body. The color blue can slow human metabolism and can produce a meditative effect. In nature, blue is reflected in the sky, water, earth, and fire. It is associated with open spaces, intuition, imagination and inspiration. "The Blues" describes music; such as rhythm and blues, bluegrass and jazz. Blue is associated with ideology like the democrats and blue states.
The Painting Center in Chelsea is interested in work in all media (under 36” in any direction) featuring blue and its various shades for this juried exhibition. The exhibition will be highly publicized with a catalogue of artists works.
- Exhibition Dates: January 28 – February 22, 2020.
- Deadline for Submission: December 20, 2019.
- Notification Date: December 30, 2019.
- Artwork Shipping/Delivery Dates: January 21 – 25, 2020.
- Opening Reception: Thursday, January 30, 2020 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Application Fee: $40 for 1 to 5 images.
- Size Limitation: Artwork that exceeds 36" in any dimension will not be considered.
- Image Requirements: JPEGs must be 72 dpi. They should be at least 1600 pixels in any direction. Maximum file size for any individual image is 5 MB.
- Submission Link: The Blues Application.
# # #