Meet over 40 non-profit organizations, government agencies!
Discover Kingston: the annual opportunity to meet local non-profit organizations and government agencies under one roof at the Village Green Community Center takes place 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, September 19. Drop in anytime during this free information-sharing event. All ages are welcome! Check out nearly 50 tables, mingle and enjoy refreshments. The community center is located at 26159 Dulay Road, Kingston.
Discover Kingston offers information on:
- Local transportation and road improvement projects and solutions
- The upcoming plastic bag ban
- Community efforts to address affordable housing, homelessness, substance abuse
- Emergency preparedness
- Local parks, trails and environmental stewardship and recreational activities for all ages
- Kingston service club events and projects
- Youth organizations including the new The Coffee Oasis cafe and youth shelter
- The Kingston Historical Society's new book featuring rare historical photos of the area
- Registering to vote with the League of Women Voters
- Health care and caregiver resources for young and old.
Some of the many organizations participating include Kitsap County's Public Works, Community Development, Emergency Management, Sheriff's Office and Division of Aging and Long-Term Care; the Washington Department of Transportation; Port of Kingston; North Kitsap School District; Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center; The Giving Garden, Northwest Laborers Training School; Kitsap Regional Library; Kitsap Community Resources; ShareNet; Boy Scouts of America; and Stillwaters Environmental Center.
For more information, contact chair of KCAC, Beth Berglund at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kitsap County Volunteer Services at (360) 337-4650. To learn more about KCAC, visit https://www.kitsapgov.com/BOC_p/Pages/KCAC.aspx.
You'll Also Enjoy
- 11 p.m., November 2
- Port Orchard Eagles Club
Doors open at 7 p.m., music starts at 11 p.m. Open bar - all proceeds go to Coffee Oasis.