Veterans and their families are invited to a Grab & Go event taking place 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 17 at multiple locations throughout Kitsap County. This replaces the annual fall Stand Down, which is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Veterans can stop by any of the five locations to pick up free groceries:
- Sheridan Community Center, 680 Lebo Blvd., Bremerton.
- Abraham's House, 312 N. Callow Blvd., Bremerton.
- Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic, 9177 Ridgetop Blvd., Silverdale.
- VFW Post, 3100 SE Mile Hill Dr., Port Orchard.
- Women's Resources - please call for location, (360) 865-0967
Clothing is offered at only one location, Abraham's House, 312 N. Callow Blvd. in Bremerton. Other services and providers will not be available.
This event is open to Kitsap County veterans and their immediate families only. Please provide a DD214 form, military retiree ID card, or VA card. Unaccompanied family members must bring a DD214 and proof of relationship. The event is coordinated by the Kitsap Area Veterans Alliance and Kitsap County Veterans Program. For more information, contact the Kitsap County Veterans Assistance Program Coordinator Andrew Sargent at (360) 337-4811 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
To learn more about resources available through the Veterans Assistance Program visit https://www.kitsapgov.com/hs/Pages/VAB-LANDING.aspx.